Thursday, June 12, 2008

Temporary Insanity

So I have decided that today I went insane! I think that it was out of guilt that I decided that I was going to make MaKayla a birthday cake. I missed her Birthday yesterday because I was doing a wedding.

So today I decided that I was going to get all the stuff and make it look professional. My mom and I headed to Gigi's to look for candy Jewels to go on the princess crown cake to go with the Enchanted theme that Kayla picked. Of course they don't have them so we decide we can make Candy Jewels. That is where it went downhill.


We made it home I started to make the cake. I thought that we had everything. Big surprise no eggs. so I have to run to the store I finally get back and get started. The cake pan that I purchased is huge so I made two cakes to go in the pan. I put them in the oven and the pan overflows as it is cooking. My mom is making candy and got impatient and turned up the heat and burned the candy. I got impatient and the cake fell. So we fix the cake with frosting and start a new batch of candy. Since the cake overflowed in the oven we decide to turn on the self cleaning mode. the house fills with smoke and heats up. So as I am frosting the cake it is melting. I had to keep stopping and cooling off the frosting. So this semi easy cake that I thought turned into a 3 hour project.


We finally finished the candy. They turned out great and finished frosting it and I think that it turned out cute. Long story short I know why I buy cakes every year from the store! I also think that it would be good for me if I invested in cake decorating lessons.



Kayla looks happy with it.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Ha Ha! At least you made the attempt! I think I would have picked up the cake with the eggs when I had to go to the store. :)