Sunday, November 25, 2007

Start of the Holidays

Well Black friday has come and gone and I spent mine freezing to death. Now I ask who in their right mind thought about having a parade in November at 9:00 in the morning? Somebody who was warm in their car watching everyone who was stupid enough to show up and laugh.

MaKayla was in the Welcome Santa to the mall parade the day after Thanksgiving. It was about 30 Degrees if that. It was full of dance groups which is why Kayla was in it and people who wanted you to go to the mall when you were done at the Parade. Now here is the other dumb thing. The dance groups had to be judged on their costumes. so they had them in sweat pants a turtleneck and hooded jacket. They were not warm. By the time that the Parade was over Kayla had pulled off her ear warmer and her gloves and had snot frozen to her face. But she had a smile on her face because she saw Santa. So in hind site it was worth the freezing temp. to see that.

I also had the pleasure of going to the Nutcracker Ballet with Patti yesterday. I am amazed by these people who dedicate thier lives to Dance. It is so beautiful. I never could have been a ballerina# 1 I have a chest and these women could only dream of tissues to stuff thier bras. #2 I like food to much these girls were so thin you could see thier ribs and their full backbones that is wrong eat a cheeseburger or atleast the cheese; and finally I love dance but I am far to much of a clutz. It really was alot of fun. Patti is always a hoot when we get together and more so since she has been pregnant she has what we call the pregannacy brain.

In all it has been a long and very fun weekend. I hope that all of you are enjoying time with your families. Keep enjoying the Holidays.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh come on, I could see you dancing ballet. You and Patti together :)

Angie said...

Seriously, curse the family genes for these big chests! :)

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

YAY!!!!! I am so glad you have a blog. I am so excited that someone on my side of the family has finally come around!

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

By the way......that was a really cold parade....but worth it to see MaKayla with her frozen snot! :) And the fruities dancing and singing!